Tuesday, October 16, 2007

somebody stop me!

I have yet to block & assemble my learn to knit afghan, in fact, I have yet to stop making squares.

Initially I aded one square (the hounds-tooth check from A Treasury of Knitting Patterns by Barbara Walker) to the 63 in the book so that I could have an 8x8 afghan instead of a 7x9. Never one to leave well enough alone I have knit another 8 squares bringing the total up to 72 squares for an 8x9 afghan. If I don't move on to the next step soon, it will become a 9x9 and then a 9x10 or even a 10x10 afghan. I only have a queen sized bed!

I just can't seem to get out of the blanket/afghan/throw rut, however. Why I can't commit to a sweater right now is anyone's guess. Argh.

Pictures of the last 20 or so squares to come, hopefully later today.

No comments: