Monday, June 25, 2007

Webs!

We took a stitch 'n' bitch field trip to Webs on Saturday! I have never seen so much yarn in one place before. It was an experience - I have felt overwhelmed (by a location) only once before and that was in Las Vegas. Las Vegas (or the strip anyway) both fascinated and disgusted me, and that says something given that I am from New York. Anyway, I almost left Webs empty-handed, but ultimately bought a few things:
  • 2 skeins Lorna's Laces Shepherd worsted in Rainbow colorway; purchased to make an EZ baby surprise jacket/sweater for Miss Izzy
  • 2 skeins of Malabrigo worsted in Cuarzo colorway; purchased to make a scarf/purse combination for Miss Mikaela (even I know you can't make presents for one sibling without having presents for the other sibling)
  • 2 skeins of Valley Amherst (Webs' house brand) in black and 2 skeins of Valley Rainbow in plum colorway; purchased to make a felted stained glass purse for me.
Pictures to come - I've already cast on for the purse, the sweater will come next. I haven't yet figured out what scarf I'm going to make for Mikaela. I'm thinking I may do the Branching Out scarf from knitty but I have some other thoughts. I'm not really in any hurry - Miss Mikaela's birthday isn't until December, and Miss Izzy's birthday comes around in January.

Oh, and before I forget: I am down to my last 5 squares...

No comments: