Tuesday, April 10, 2007

baby knitting

I have a box (no pictures - is seeing a taped cardboard box blogworthy? Just take my word for the box) with 30 knitted items for the Dulaan project. I originally signed up for the "Dulaan 10,000 or Bust" drive - which obligated me to knit five items. I knit 50 total (the first 20 went out in a box back in January) which I think means that I can leave Dulaan alone until 2008.

But, I came across another site, Warm Woolies (just google them, linking is beyond me at the moment) that is collecting warm clothing for children in orphanages etc. I have two baby sweaters for them so far, and another two toddler/small child sweaters on the needles. They seem impossibly small to me:

Above: a sweater made from lamb's Pride bulky in Aztec Turquoise & Brite Blue
Above: 12 month size sweater made from Bear Creek (super bulky) in Bubblegum

No comments: